Eaton hydraulic accumulators are available in a wide range of sizes, materials, port configurations and pressure ratings. Their bladder, piston and diaphragm-type accumulators give engineers the ultimate in design flexibility.
The full range of Eaton hydraulic accumulators is displayed below. Complementary Eaton accessory products – including safety shut-off blocks, clamps, repair kits, and charging and gauging units – make for simple installation and maintenance.
Bottom Repairable Bladder Accumulators:
Eaton bladder accumulators consists of a fluid section and a gas section, with the bladder acting as a gas-proof screen. Used in equipment from agriculture and mining to construction and more, these bladder accumulators are compatible with a wide range of fluids, temperatures and permeation requirements. They install easily in multiple mounting positions to optimize performance and convenience.
- Optional protective coatings help accumulator components resist corrosive fluids or hostile environments;
- Buna-N bladder material excels in standard temperature ranges while four additional materials meet more extreme application requirements;
- System mounting capabilities offer orientations for optimized energy storage, pulsation damping, constant pressure and volume compensation;
- Includes a welded or forged pressure vessel, a bladder, and gas and fluid inlet ports, which are constructed for high performance under pressure.
For both industrial and mobile applications, Eaton diaphragm accumulators are ideal for energy storage, maintaining pressure, leakage compensation and vehicle hydraulics. They have a sturdy, electron beam welded construction and are available in corrosion-resistant materials. Eaton diaphragm accumulators utilise the compressibility of nitrogen to store hydraulic energy even when exposed to a variety of harsh fluids and hostile environments.
- Buna-N bladder material excels in standard temperature range while four additional materials are available to meet more extreme application requirements;
- Directly mounts to the system in any orientation to increase flexibility and reduce contamination when mounted vertically and downward.
Fluids are practically incompressible and cannot therefore store pressure energy. The compressibility of a gas (nitrogen) is used in hydro pneumatic accumulators for storing fluids.
Eaton designs piston accumulators that can use the compressibility of nitrogen to the fullest – drawing in fluid when the pressure increases and forcing it into the hydraulic circuit when the pressure drops. The internal surface gives the accumulator a fine finish and also features a lightweight metal piston. These accumulators are pre-charged with dry nitrogen gas and can be used when required for your application.
- End caps on both the gas and fluid sides are sealed with O-rings to stop the accumulators leaking;
- Accumulators are available with a variety of sealing systems to maximize the possible applications.
Contact us for further technical details and advice on Eaton hydraulic accumulators.