Smiths Group plc is a British multinational engineering business. The headquarters resides in London and the company operates in over 50 countries worldwide.
Smiths Industries hydraulics traces its roots back to 1851, when Samuel Smith establishes a jewellery shop selling high quality precision watches. By the first half of the 20th century, Smiths dominates the supply of instruments to British motorcar and motorcycle firms.
After that, separate Smiths Aviation and Smiths Marine divisions start operating in 1958 and in 1960. In addition, an Industrial division forms, whose main operations is industrial instrumentation.
With increasing diversification and international operations the name Smiths Industries Ltd is adopted in 1967. Moreover, the company’s product range now spans: automotive, aerospace, marine, building and medical appliances, to name but a few.
The company’s name is changed to Smiths Group plc in November 2000, following the completion of a merger with the TI Group the following month.
During 2002, Smiths Industries withdraws from the hydraulics market, leaving customers with no ongoing access to their products. After that, Fluidlink Hydraulics invests heavily in the necessary machinery and subsequently develops into a Smiths Industries hydraulic power pack manufacturer in their own right. And the rest, as they say, is history…
Smiths Industries power packs are still employed in numerous applications today, thanks to the production of Fluidlink modern-day replacements. The range is shown here below.
Contact our technical team now for further technical details and configuration options for our new, equivalent Smiths Industries power packs.