Hydac SB40 SB16 and SB35 low pressure bladder accumulators consist of a welded pressure vessel, a flexible bladder with gas valve and a hydraulic connection with a perforated disc, or check valve. The fluid around the bladder is connected to the hydraulic circuit so that the bladder accumulator draws in fluid when the pressure increases and the gas is compressed. When the pressure drops, the compressed gas expands and forces the stored fluid into the circuit.
The Hydac low pressure accumulator range comprises:
- SB40 (nominal volume 2.5 – 50 litres): consisting of a welded pressure vessel, an accumulator bladder with gas valve and a hydraulic connection with a perforated disc (check valve on request). Adapters for connection to the hydraulic system are also available
- SB40 (nominal volume 70 – 220 litres): consisting of a welded pressure vessel, an accumulator bladder with gas valve and a hydraulic connection with a check valve. Adapters for connection to the hydraulic system are also available.
- SB16A | SB35A | SB16AH | SB35AH (nominal volume 150 – 450 litres): low pressure bladder accumulators for large volumes with a welded design. The pressure vessel is fabricated in carbon steel or in stainless steel. The hydraulic outlet is covered by a perforated disc which prevents the flexible bladder from extruding from the shell. The bladder is top-removable.
- SB35HB (nominal volume 20 – 50 litres): high performance accumulators for flow rates of up to 20 I/s at 2 bar. They consist of a welded pressure vessel and an accumulator bladder with gas valve. The pressure vessel contains a fixed perforated disc which permits a high flow rate through its large free cross section.
Key summary technical data across the range is as follows:
- Nominal volume: 2.5 to 450 litre
- Pressure range: 16 | 35 | 40 bar
- Standard temperature range: -10°C to +80°C
Hydac low pressure bladder accumulators can be used in a wide variety of applications including: energy storage, emergency operation, force equilibrium, leakage compensation, volume compensation, shock absorption, vehicle suspension and pulsation damping.
Please contact us for further technical details and configuration options, or if you cannot see the Hydac bladder accumulator that you need – we’ll be delighted to help!