SAI Hydraulics was founded in Italy in 1964. Since then, its core business continues to be the production of crankshaft design radial piston motors.
SAI’s unique technology in the field of converting hydraulic power into mechanical offers unbeatable efficiency and controllability for its customers. Their motors offer solutions across a variety of markets, not limited to: agriculture, shipbuilding, drilling, construction, oil & gas, renewable and nuclear energies, and within steelworks.
SAI hydraulics designs motors with an extensive range of displacements from 40 cc/rev through to 1200 cc/rev. Moreover, their radial piston motors are available in nine basic frame sizes in the following series: BD, BV, GM, GS, L, P, S, TD, TF, TV. Additional options include variations on shafts, flanges, bearings, distributors, high pressure shaft seals, and competitor interchangeability.
Their radial piston motor design is unique thanks to its swiveling cylinder, piston retaining ring, axial rotary valve and interchangeable distributors. In more detail:
- Swivelling cylinder. This enables the cylinder to remain aligned with the eccentric of the crankshaft. Furthermore this eliminates any side loading between the piston and cylinder.
- Double piston support bearing. The pistons transmit their load to the shaft via a hydrostatic bearing. In other words this reduces metal to metal contact. Moreover, it features a central roller bearing, which minimises the sliding velocity between piston and the spherical support ring.
- Piston retaining rings. This ensures that the piston remains in contact with the shaft under all operating conditions, including in cavitation.
- Axial flow rotary distributor. Ensuring that the oil is distributed to the pistons with high efficiency due to short, large section oil paths. Many different distributor options can be fitted to any of the range of SAI hydraulics motors.
The SAI hydraulics range also includes:
- Shaft end drive units; coupling piston motors to single or double stage planetary gear boxes.
- Complete wheel motors to be coupled with single or double stage planetary gearboxes and/or drum brakes; compact wheel drive units including planetary gearbox and/or integrated negative disc brakes.
- Brakes, valve blocks, flow dividers and accessories.
Please contact us for further technical guidance on SAI motors or hydraulic equipment – we’ll be happy to help!
SAI Hydraulics Product Range
SAI BD Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI BD series motors are dual displacement crankshaft radial piston motors with displacement ratios of: 1:2, 1:3, and 1:4. The…View
SAI BV Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI BV series variable displacement radial piston motors have an integrated electronic control system supplied together with the motor. The…View
SAI GM Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI GM series motors have evolved from the previous M, L and P series motors. They have a number of…View
SAI GS Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI GS series motors are fixed displacement radial piston motors which can reach rotation speeds up to 3 times higher…View
SAI L Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI L series radial piston motors have fixed displacements ranging from 3000 cc/rev to 10000 cc/rev. High mechanical and volumetric…View
SAI P Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI P series motors are similar to GM fixed displacement radial piston motors for technical characteristics. Configurations with aluminium case…View
SAI S Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI S series fixed displacement radial piston motors provide displacements from 3000 to 6000 cc/rev, which can reach rotation speeds…View
SAI TD Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI TD motors are dual displacement radial piston motors. Sustainable capacity and high pressure make SAI TD series motors ideal…View
SAI TF Series Radial Piston Motors
SAI TF series radial piston motors have seven cylinders and a continuous pressure rating of 350 bar. The TF offers…View
SAI TV Series Radial Piston Motors
Sustainable capacity and high pressure make SAI T series motors ideal for heavy duty use. SAI TV and TD motors…View
Get in Touch
"*" indicates required fields