Founded in Italy in 1964, the core business of SAI hydraulics continues to be the production of crankshaft design radial piston motors.
SAI hydraulics designs motors with an extensive range of displacements from 40 cc/rev through to 1200 cc/rev. Moreover their radial piston motors are available in nine basic frame sizes. Additional options include variations on shafts, flanges, bearings, distributors, high pressure shaft seals, and competitor interchangeability.
The SAI’s radial piston motor design is unique thanks to its swivelling cylinder, piston retaining ring, axial rotary valve and interchangeable distributors. In addition, other features include:
- Swivelling cylinder. This enables the cylinder to remain aligned with the eccentric of the crankshaft. Furthermore this eliminates any side loading between the piston and cylinder.
- Double piston support bearing. The pistons transmit their load to the shaft via a hydrostatic bearing. In other words this reduces metal to metal contact. Moreover, it features a central roller bearing, which minimises the sliding velocity between piston and the spherical support ring.
- Piston retaining rings. This ensures that the piston remains in contact with the shaft under all operating conditions, including in cavitation.
- Axial flow rotary distributor. Ensuring that the oil is distributed to the pistons with high efficiency due to short, large section oil paths. Many different distributor options can be fitted to any of the range of SAI hydraulics motors.
- Shaft end drive units; coupling piston motors to single or double stage planetary gear boxes.
- Complete wheel motors to be coupled with single or double stage planetary gearboxes and/or drum brakes; compact wheel drive units including planetary gearbox and/or integrated negative disc brakes.
- Brakes, valve blocks, flow dividers and accessories.
Please contact us if you cannot see the SAI motor that you need listed below – we’ll still be able to help!