Roberto Casappa, founder of Casappa Hydraulics, produced the first hydraulic gear pump in 1952. It was used as a spare part for American dumper trucks left in Italy at the end of the Second World War.
Still owned by the family, and in its third generation, Casappa Hydraulics produces a wide range of aluminium and cast iron hydraulic gear pumps and motors. In addition teh range includes: fixed displacement and variable displacement piston pumps and motors, gear flow dividers and IKRON filters. Many functions, such as valves and controls, are directly incorporated in the products in order to optimise space and costs.
The Casappa Polaris, Whisper, Kappa and new Kappa compact series of gear pumps and motors, all come with the option of built in: anti-cavitation valves, maximum pressure relief valves, priority valves and “load sensing” priority valves. The benefits of built-in valves include: reduced overall dimensions, simplified plant design and a wide choices of ports position.