A worldwide leader in hydraulic filtration and contamination monitoring technology, MP Filtri UK offers a comprehensive range of innovative products that protects and enhances the performance of equipment; reduces downtime, service and maintenance costs; and lowers the risk of system failure.
Hydraulic systems are integral to the way we live today – with critical applications everywhere: from aerospace to agriculture, energy to manufacturing. Most hydraulic failures are caused by particle contamination, and the quality of filtration is therefore the most important factor in a hydraulic machine’s long-term health.
Part of the MP Filtri Group based in Milan, Italy, which has nearly 60 years’ experience in creating market-leading filtration products, the UK operation acts as the company’s fluid contamination monitoring arm – designing and manufacturing a range of high-tech hydraulic particle counters and accessories for portable, in-line, and laboratory applications.
Key products and support materials include:
- The LPA3 portable particle counter, featuring the latest optical and photodiode technology. It delivers a fast and accurate hydraulic health check – enhancing the reliability and longevity of hydraulic systems.
- The ICM 2.0 Inline Contamination Monitor, which automatically measures and displays particulate contamination, moisture and temperature levels in various hydraulic fluids – providing vital early warning of particle build up. A wifi-enabled version – the ICM 4.0 – is also available.
- New CMP View analytical software, which delivers all the contamination data you need at-a-glance on a single screen. Eye-catching and simple to master, the software makes analysis easier than ever before and is compatible with our full range of particle counters.
- A comprehensive range of high-performance filtration products, including: Suction filters and strainers, return filters, Low and Medium pressure filters, High-pressure filters, spin-on filters, return/suction filters, stainless steel filters, and a comprehensive selection of accessories.
- A wide choice of power transmission products including bell housing and couplings that are tailor-made for maximising the power from the electric pump to the hydraulic motor – delivering peak performance and efficiency.
Please contact us for further technical guidance or if you cannot see the filters and hydraulic equipment that you need listed below – we’ll be happy to help!
MP Filtri Product Range
MP Filtri Filtration Accessories
MP Filtri High Pressure Filters
MP Filtri LMP Low & Medium Pressure Filters
MP Filtri Offline Filtration Units
MP Filtri Particle Counters
MP Filtri Return Filters
MP Filtri Return Suction Filters
MP Filtri Spin-On Filters
MP Filtri Stainless Steel Filters
MP Filtri Suction Filters / Strainers
MP Filtri News and Insights
Discover the new MP Filtri LPA3: a state-of-the-art portable particle counter
The LPA3 is the culmination of an exhaustive three-year research and development programme. It delivers a market-leading feature set including outstanding speed and accuracy and is fully portable. In a nutshell this enables operators to enjoy the functionality of the lab even when out in the field. Designed to deliver a comprehensive hydraulic health check in even the most challenging working environments, it quickly identifies precise levels of contamination in hydraulic systems at the touch of a button.
Fast, accurate and easy to use, the LPA3 reduces service and maintenance costs; prevents unplanned downtime and protects complex machinery and systems. In other words it’s rapidly paying for itself. Offering real-time monitoring and predictive maintenance technology, it’s furthermore an essential tool for anyone serious about maximising the efficiency and performance of their hydraulic systems.
Up to 80% of all failures on hydraulic systems are due to contaminants in the hydraulic fluid. Solid contamination is the main cause of malfunction, early degradation failure and in hydraulic systems. It is impossible to remove completely, but it can be effectively controlled by appropriate devices.Find out more
Sizing Hydraulic Filters
Choosing the right hydraulic filter depends on the characteristics of other system components and their sensitivity to contamination, as well as a number of other key factors.
Benefits of proper positioning and sizing include great system reliability, longer fluid and component life and reduced failures.
Fluid Condition and Filtration
Hydraulic fluid acts as both a lubricant and a power transmitting medium. The presence of solid contaminant particles in the liquid inhibits the ability of the hydraulic fluid to lubricate and causes wear to the components. The extent of contamination in the fluid also affects the performance and reliability of the system.Discover more
Particle Counters Handbook
This handbook provides information and practical examples of contamination measurement technologies and particle counters in use. It covers various topics including: the importance of particle counting in preventive maintenance; an explanation of the solid contamination control device; reference standards and further details on MP Filtri’s product range.Discover more
Filtration and Element Technology
Filters are constructed by fibre interlacing. This forms different shaped and sized pathways that trap particles when the find apertures that are too small. Depth filters are generally produced with papers impregnated with either resins, metal or inorganic fibres. In inorganic fibre filtration, filtering layers are often overlapped to increase the ability of the filter to retain the contaminant at an even lower mm level.Find out more
Hydraulic System Contamination
Whether through the use of contaminated fluid or caused over time by surface wear, corrosion or cavitation, contamination is the biggest source of system failure.
It can triggered by the presence of solids, other liquids, or gases in the hydraulic fluid. Here we look at the effects of each, best practice for prevention and how to remove contaminants already in your system.
Get in Touch
"*" indicates required fields